Analysis of Factors Influencing the Employee’s Spirit: A Case Study of The Health Office of Kutai Barat District

Job Mutation Career Development Work Motivation Work Discipline Work Environment Work Spirit

Authors

  • Kristiana Kristiana
    kristianasri62@gmail.com
    Public Administration Study Program, Universitas Kutai Kartanegara, Tenggarong, Indonesia
  • Ida Bagus Made Agung Dwijatenaya Public Administration Study Program, Universitas Kutai Kartanegara, Tenggarong, Indonesia
  • Agustinus Djiu Public Administration Study Program, Universitas Kutai Kartanegara, Tenggarong, Indonesia
September 28, 2022

Downloads

This research was conducted at the Health Office of West Kutai Regency with five X variables, namely work mutations (X1), career development (X2), work motivation (X3), work discipline (X4), work environment (X5), and one Y variables, namely work spirit. (Y). This study aims to analyze and determine the magnitude of the influence of work mutations, career development, work motivation, work discipline, and work environment on the morale of the employees of the Health Office of West Kutai Regency partially or simultaneously. This research is a quantitative study with a deductive-inductive approach using the SPSS program, which discusses the effect of work mutation variables, career development, work motivation, work discipline, and work environment on work morale by using validity and reliability tests, multiple linear regression analysis, t-test, and the F test. The population in this study was the Health Office of West Kutai Regency, totaling 49 (forty-nine) people, and with the census sampling technique, the population would be used as the research sample. The results showed that job transfer, career development, work motivation, work discipline, and work environment together had a positive and significant influence on the morale of the employees of the Health Office of West Kutai Regency. The adjusted R square value is 0.759 or 75.9% which means that work enthusiasm can be explained by the variables of work mutation (X1), career development (X2), work motivation (X3), work discipline (X4), and work environment (X5). The remaining 24.1% is influenced by other factors outside the variables used in this study. Partially all variables have a positive and significant influence; this is evidenced by the value of count, which is greater than the table. The variable that has the largest beta coefficient (β) is work motivation (X3), with a value of 0.504. This means that work motivation is the most dominant independent variable in influencing employee morale at the Health Office of West Kutai Regency.