Assertiveness and Self-Concept of Interpersonal Competence in Students

Assertiveness Competence Interpersonal Self-Concept

Authors

  • Hairani Lubis Department of Social and Political Science, University of Mulawarman, Indonesia
  • Dita Rahmaniah
    dita.rahmaniah@fisip.unmul.ac.id
    Department of Social and Political Science, University of Mulawarman, Indonesia
June 30, 2021

Downloads

The wider the social environment in life as social beings, the greater the challenges faced by each individual to present himself as a person who can adapt well. Individuals who can adapt well are said to have good interpersonal competence. Interpersonal competence is said to be related to assertiveness as well as self-concept. This research method uses a quantitative approach. The subjects of this study were 100 students of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Mulawarman University, who were selected using simple random sampling techniques. The data collection method used a scaling instrument with a Likert scale of five answer choices for the three variables. The study results prove that there is no influence of assertiveness and self-concept on interpersonal competence in students. With an F value of 0.564 (p>0.05). The effective contribution is 1.1%, while the remaining 98.9% is influenced by other factors not examined in this study.